1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Access To Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robertzz_45, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robertzz_45

Robertzz_45 Thread Starter

Here is my problem. I was able to print wireless to another printer before my daughter deleted my printer icon from my laptop. I am working with Windows XP. I am not able to add a printer....this is the error I receive (Windows cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server). I know the name is correct...Do anyone know what the problem maybe?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you type: \\computername\\printername where computername is the name of the computer on the network and printername is the name you assigned the printer when you set up the share on the computer it's actually connected to?

3. Robertzz_45

Yes I did that...I was printing before she deleted the icon.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It wasn't just an icon that was deleted. The connection to the printer has been removed. It needs to be re-established. Verify the share name and the host computer name. If there are spaces in either name, you may need to enclose the path in quotes. Is the printer listed when you browse the computer in Network Places? Maybe your daughter did more to your computer than delete a printer connection. Did she change any of your network settings?

5. Robertzz_45

To be honest, I don't know what she did. How do I re-established the printer? The computer is not listed when I browse my computer in Network Places.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You don't re-establish the printer. You re-establish the connection to the printer. However, since it appears your network settings have been altered, you need to resolve that first. Verify all your settings and also verify the printer is still shared on the host computer. Ask your daughter what she did to your computer. It might save you a lot of time.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice