Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireless Ad hoc Vista & XP for dial up sharing

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  pjbfsc 
#1 ·
Hi
Hving probl to share dial up internet connection in our Xp & vista laptop..
ICS Run'g Xp & hv a Dlink G630 W/less card..
Client is run'g Vista home prem 7 in built w/less..

Able to share file or see each other but unable to share the internet connection..

useing static IP 192.168.10.1 & 2 & DNS server IP.. Dial up connection hv ticked for sharing connection.. Firewell setting on dial up but no firewell set for WLANs.. hs unchecked the IPV6 from vista..

What else I need to do to share the internet connection? I saw some of the Q&A from this forum & tried to follow but failed..

Need further help..

thanks
Pael

#4 ·
You will drive yourself nuts trying to correctly configure this, but , if you insist, I woudl make sure the XP box is doing the dialing and then let the Vista machine shae. Disable all internal firewalls. Use the WZC utility to configure the Ad-Hoc connection and not the third party utility.

TIME is money.................

#5 ·
The probl hs resolved... I can share internet...
I needed this solution only for my interest..
Below the solu I hv tried & succeeded.

Set up a LAN connection with static IP & DNS..
Check whether able to share the Internet..---------- Initially had a probl.. Found a virtual device on vista's network site. Share internet through this device.. Click to get internet through this device & Succeeded..

Then unpluged the Phy LAN & connected the WLAN with diffirent Static IP & DNS hv'g internet ON in ICS host(xp m/c).. Connected the Ad hoc network & Succeeded ...

Anyway I am going to get b/band..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.