1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Ad hoc Vista & XP for dial up sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pael, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pael

pael Thread Starter

Hi
    Hving probl to share dial up internet connection in our Xp & vista laptop..
    ICS Run'g Xp & hv a Dlink G630 W/less card..
    Client is run'g Vista home prem 7 in built w/less..

Able to share file or see each other but unable to share the internet connection..

useing static IP 192.168.10.1 & 2 & DNS server IP.. Dial up connection hv ticked for sharing connection.. Firewell setting on dial up but no firewell set for WLANs.. hs unchecked the IPV6 from vista..

What else I need to do to share the internet connection? I saw some of the Q&A from this forum & tried to follow but failed..

Need further help..

thanks
    Pael

2. Sponsor

3. jmwills

jmwills

Is broadband available in your area?

4. pael

pael Thread Starter

b/band is the different/alternet solution.. if possible I need this solution..

5. jmwills

jmwills

You will drive yourself nuts trying to correctly configure this, but , if you insist, I woudl make sure the XP box is doing the dialing and then let the Vista machine shae. Disable all internal firewalls. Use the WZC utility to configure the Ad-Hoc connection and not the third party utility.

TIME is money.................

6. pael

pael Thread Starter

The probl hs resolved... I can share internet...
    I needed this solution only for my interest..
    Below the solu I hv tried & succeeded.

Set up a LAN connection with static IP & DNS..
    Check whether able to share the Internet..---------- Initially had a probl.. Found a virtual device on vista's network site. Share internet through this device.. Click to get internet through this device & Succeeded..

Then unpluged the Phy LAN & connected the WLAN with diffirent Static IP & DNS hv'g internet ON in ICS host(xp m/c).. Connected the Ad hoc network & Succeeded ...

Anyway I am going to get b/band..

thanks

7. jmwills

jmwills

and also a router

8. pael

pael Thread Starter

yep
    W/less D604T GII-- Dlink.. Hopefully there will be no probl.. Any issue, I will ask for further help..

thanks

9. pjbfsc

pjbfsc

Hi you said you found the below virtual device could you please advise the URL for it
    Thanks

Found a virtual device on vista's network site. Share internet through this device.. Click to get internet through this device & Succeeded..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice