1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Adapter deleted

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Hamda4000, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hamda4000

Hamda4000 Thread Starter

Hi, my internet on my laptop hasn’t been working for about a week now. The WiFi works on all my other devices just my laptop, my laptop is Dell Inspiron and apparently the wireless network adapter in device manager is missing I’ve tried downloading it from the dell website and I connected my phones cellular to my laptop to download it but it still didn’t do anything, the wireless adapter is called Qualcomm Atheros 9377 and it’s not in device manager although I downloaded it. Please help

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is your laptop in the Airplane mode?
    If so turn it off.

3. Hamda4000

Hamda4000 Thread Starter

I’m sorry but am I supposed to laugh or what? I’ve tried a lot of things to solve the network problem and I’m not stupid enough to not notice if Airplane mode was on.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What devices do you see in Device Manager under Network Controllers or Other Devices?

5. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    No, but you're supposed to respect the answer. There's no way David can know which level of computer savviness you possess.

You can always try to remove all the drivers.
    Shut down.
    Remove the card.
    Boot up.
    Shutdown again.
    Insert the wifi card again.
    Boot

See if the card is detected. If not it's probably gone bad and you'll need a new one.

Lastly, I don't know if a Dell will completely disable the card and thus remove it from the device manager if the card is disabled by the wifi switch. I'm sure you're done so already, but double check that it's actually enabled via the switch and/or the [Fn] key combo. Plus there may be an option in the Bios to disable it? Again I don't know. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice