1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless adapter DRIVER problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ascendancy91, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ascendancy91

ascendancy91 Thread Starter

last night im trying to reinstall my wireless network adapter on my laptop:atheros AR5B93..and ive downloaded the driver at the manufacturer's site..but after installing my adapter cant detect any network..is it the driver is wrong or am i missing something?can someone shed some light..

im using acer 4745g/ windows 7 64 bit home premium

2. ascendancy91

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    46 minutes is quite a bit short of a day; a little early for doing a "bump"!

I think the Atheros AR5B93 is an integrated adapter. Getting the latest driver from the PC manufacturer's web site should be the first choice.

4. ascendancy91

haha..just wanna make this thread on top..i'll try ur suggestion..

5. ascendancy91

I couldnt find where to download the latest driver..i figured out that 9.2.0.105 is the latest one..but still couldnt find where to download it..maybe you can help me finding it...im tired of searching it but still didnt found it though

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When I drill down on Acer's site to Aspire 4745G (I assumed Aspire; you didn't identify that) I see "This page shows only drivers that are not contained in Windows 7" and no wireless driver. So, I guess you have no choice but to use whatever Windows finds for it. Right click on the adapter and select "update driver" or whatever the exact option is. Of course, that assumes you have internet access through ethernet or USB.

OTOH, in your initial post you said, "ive downloaded the driver at the manufacturer's site." Can you give us a link to that driver?

7. ascendancy91

still didnt work though..ive installed the newest driver..version 9201130..in the end of the installation a notification pops up on the taskbar saying the driver was not succesfully installed..i dont know what else can i do now..without connection im crippled..

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      177.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice