Wireless adapter IP address problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ayan_4u

My comfast usb 2 wireless wifi adapter probably has some compatibility issues with windows 7 while sharing pc internet connection.The IP address of my pc gets deleted everytime i restart it,and i have to set them manually again.It used to work fine in Win xp.,running realtek wireless lan utility in compatibility mode doesn't help either......any help !?!

pc specs :
mobo : ga j1800m d2p in
Win 7 32bit

this is what happens when i restart :

Network specs

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know what you are saying, but let me take a wild guess using "while sharing pc internet connection" as a clue. Do you have internet access through an ethernet connection, have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled, and trying to share your internet access via a wireless connection?

ayan_4u

I don't know what you are saying, but let me take a wild guess using "while sharing pc internet connection" as a clue. Do you have internet access through an ethernet connection, have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled, and trying to share your internet access via a wireless connection?
exactly

TerryNet

Terry
With that setup, which I agree worked fine in XP, Vista (as a "security" measure) disables ICS on every Restart. I think that Windows 7 does the same. The only solution that I know of is to (swear a little and) re-enable ICS.

ayan_4u

Ics is renabled after automatically after restart and establish connection .... The problem occurs in pc ethernet which i think is due to ip conflict..... any way to fix this??

TerryNet

Terry
If your problem is not what I guessed you'll need to describe what it is, unless somebody else understands your initial post better than I do. Sorry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online