1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless adaptor does not work with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lchebert, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lchebert

lchebert Thread Starter

I just purchased a new computer with windows 7. I have the linksys wireless set up on a computer in my spare room, and just the netgear wireless adaptor on the computer I just replaced. The wirelss adaptor does not work at all. I was told the operating system does not support it. I tried loading the cd but it did not install. What do I do now???? I was told there are no "patches" for this as yet. Please advise. Thank you

2. Lucifuge

Lucifuge

Hi,

Just thought I'd post and say I've got exactly the same situation. Just set my new Desk-top PC with Windows 7 Home 64. Using my old Belkin 802.11g -54Mbps adapter (v5). Tried to install drivers from CD (which states that they are drivers for XP and Vista). Trouble is, I can't find any drivers that support W7?! It just says something along the lines of there are no wireless networks available. It seems fairly obvious that its a compatability issue, but what is my next step?

Likewise I've been trying to look for a new, perhaps more modern adapter that support W7 but haven't managed to find one!

My shiny new PC is a lame-duck until I can connect to the internet on it!

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome,

Cheers!

3. Lucifuge

Lucifuge

SORTED!!!

I have done a bit of searching of various forums today for advice, and came up with (what is probably very obvious except to newbies like me!) a solution!

Put Belkin Adapter drivers CD in, then rather than letting it auto-run, I opened it up and right clicked on the setup.exe file and chose properties. Then under the tab "compatability", I chose Vista. Then ran setup.exe and all was fine!

Its only taken me about 9 hours (with a hangover...) but I got there in the end! I hope this thread manages to help somebody else out if they're suffering with the same problem!

Cheers!

4. dant22185

dant22185

too bad my problem is not that simple...

5. tuottuontuot

tuottuontuot

You should use a driver backup soft, and restore in windows7. Such driver max, ect

6. dant22185

dant22185

For my problem, I can't get Windows to recognize the Linksys drivers, mainly I am sure because there is no windows 7 driver available. So it defaults to the Broadcom drivers windows 7 came with.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice