Wireless ADSL Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markwalker

I've recently installed a Wireless broadband connection via a Dell PC and a ACER Travelmate Laptop through a D-Link DSL-904. Everything works but not great.

On both computers, each time i open the internet explorer it never finds my home page and get a 404 page not found error (Home page is Google) i have to refresh the page about 3 or 4 times until it finally loads.

Even once it works and connects and i open up a new Explorer window i have to repeat the whole process again.... :mad:

Any ideas Gang?

Seeming as how this is happening on both machines, it's doubtful this is an OS configuration problem. Remove the router from the equation and plug directly into your Cable/DSL modem to see if this still happens. If it does, chances are you'll need to replace your router with another. Linksys would be my choice......

markwalker said:
I've recently installed a Wireless broadband connection via a Dell PC and a ACER Travelmate Laptop through a D-Link DSL-904. Everything works but not great.

On both computers, each time i open the internet explorer it never finds my home page and get a 404 page not found error (Home page is Google) i have to refresh the page about 3 or 4 times until it finally loads.

Even once it works and connects and i open up a new Explorer window i have to repeat the whole process again.... :mad:

Any ideas Gang?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online