1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless alternatives

Discussion in 'Networking' started by reneirwolf878, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

I've been trying to look for a Cat5 to Coax adapter for the past few days so that I could hook an XBOX on a new tv to my router in my basement which is over 100 ft away.
    I've been all over the net and to Best Buy and CompUSA. I've found a couple adapters online but they are only for test units for checking the line signal. At Best Buy they told me there was no such thing, check Radioshack. So I took the advice of someone on this board and headed over to CompUSA where I was told they had this product but CompUSA told me no. Now, since I've been told that there is no such thing im assuming that there is no such thing.

If someone could give me an alternative to going wireless and running a 100+ cable around my house I was appreciate it very much. Thanks!

2. amphibian

amphibian

3. reneirwolf878

its not being sold anymore :(

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. reneirwolf878

Do you still use yours? I'd be really interested in buying it and one from that site you gave me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/186690