Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless and ethernet problem

899 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I have a cable modem hooked up to my router, and the ethernet cable from my router to my computer. internet and wireless were working just fine for about a month up until yesterday. it just stopped. now, either my ethernet will connect or my modem, but never both, which will not allow me to have wireless. i've tried resetting both the router and modem, but no luck. any help is appreciated. thanks

#3 ·
yes i do. but my cable modem is connected to the router and the computer, because for some reason i have to always have the usb from the modem connected to the computer in order to get any internet. i hope im explaining well enough. my husband is the computer guy but he's not home right now.

#4 ·
If you have a modem only (not a modem/router combo) with USB and ethernet ports and a normal residential service with one public IP address it is true that you cannot use both connections at once.

What is the brand and model of your modem and router? What are you trying to do and what is not working?

#5 ·
i have a linksys cable modem and a belkin g wireless router. the ethernet cable that goes from the router to the computer isn't getting any internet and in my network connections it is saying that there is limited or no connectivity, but the modem itself has internet and provides it to the computer i am on now..which is a desktop. i am trying to get the wireless connection to work again but to me it seems that with the ethernet connection having limited or no connectivity, that is the reason i don't have wireless..because the router can't provide it without that connection

#6 ·
What is the brand and model of your modem and router? I want both, not just the brand.

How do you have the modem, router and computers connected to each other?

If by "get the wireless connection to work again" you mean for a computer and the router to communicate via wireless that is independent of any ethernet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.