1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless and other drivers not detected on Sony Vaio with XP OS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by payypayy, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. payypayy

payypayy Thread Starter

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-N110G
    I am some-what compter and technologically literate, I am in PC Repair class at this moment.
    So I do know alot about the in's and out's but I'm not completely understanding.

I have recently put XP back onto my laptop that had XP already on it.
    It had XP Media Center, I put plain XP Service pack 3 on it.
    The XP I installed was just the OS it's self.
    No drivers or anything like that was installed.
    I have about 7+ drivers that are "missing" including my wireless driver so I cannot connect to the internet from that computer.

I have already visited the Windows website for the drivers installation and updates. When I try and install the Wireless driver, it says that it is not compatable in some way or form.

All I really need is help getting the wireless driver on it and then from there I can download the rest of them off the internet.

Thank you =3

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm assuming that you had Windows XP Media Center Edition in that computer, then you formatted the hard drive, then you did a clean install of Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional in it.

You weren't clear and detailed about what you did.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of what you did, you apparently didn't identify the devices in that computer and then obtain the drivers for them before you started.

Don't attempt to download device drivers from the Windows Updates site because they tend to be outdated or incomplete or incorrect.

You want to download them from the computer's support site or the device vendors site or other reliable sites.

The Sony support site for that laptop has device drivers only for Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows Vista Home Premium.

I'm not positive if the Windows XP Media Center Edition device drivers will work with Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional, but they probably will.

These appear to be the primary devices in your computer:

Mobile Intel 915GM/910GMS,910GML Express Graphics Controller

Realtek High Definition Audio

Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection

Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

ALPS Pointing Device

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/960309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice