1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless AP to bridge to router. Links lights, but no action!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by seven, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seven

seven Thread Starter

I have a wireless setup. D-Link Access point to D-Link bridge, antenna accross to another building where another antenna and bridge is linked to the company switch.

Link lights are all on. The PC's can see eachother and I can ping the bridge.

I cannot ping the company router attached to the switch.

Any thoughts on this?

2. 5mi11er

5mi11er

You can ping both bridges? What PC's can see each other? What IP addresses are being used on the wirelessly bridged segment? You can't ping the router's interface on that network?

Either the addresses the PC's are using are not related to the router's interface, or the wireless bridge isn't actually functional. Those are my two best guesses from the information given so far.

-Scott

3. seven

seven Thread Starter

The default bridge is 192.168.0.50. Since there are two bridges, the default settings would clash right?

4. 5mi11er

5mi11er

very possible... That might not explain traffic not flowing through the bridge though, the address is there to be able to remotely manage the bridge, not to provide something to point at for routing purposes.

5. seven

seven Thread Starter

So, the default bridge IP address, is this considered the gateway to the main building, or is the gateway still the router when I set the config on the PC's?

6. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Should still be the router I think. The bridges' job is to make it look like it's all one network...

Note to self: Need to play with bridges in the lab :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice