Wireless B issues?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gordian

im having a bit of a problem, as always. One of my computers, that has a linksys wireless B pci adapter isnt recognizing my network anymore. I know there isnt anything wrong with the internet connection since im able to use this computer, with a wireless g access point. the pci adapter isnt broken it seems, and i dont think moving around the router downstairs would help, since it was working fine at the range it is now a few days ago. Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

TerryNet

Terry
Are you saying that when the wireless B adaptor scans it fails to detect your router's wireless (B) signal? If so ...

One way to test the adaptor for functionality, since desktops are not fun to move, would be to move the router beside it and plug it in. You wouldn't have internet, but if the adaptor now detects the signal you would know that the problem is interference, or the signal got weaker (routers get older!).

Any possible sources of interference new in the last few days--something metal placed in the path, 2.4Ghz cordless phone, compressor, microwave, etc.?

Gordian

thanks for the reply. yup, theres no wireless networks to connect to on the computer, and i connected the computer up next to the router, and it seems to have no connection there either, i guess i should get a new adapter =/ By the way, this may or may not have an affect on the connection, but would pc speakers cause any interference?

TerryNet

Terry
Assuming you know that the router is still broadcasting a (B) signal, it does sound like time for a new adaptor.
--------------------------------------------

I think anything electrical or magnetic has the potential to interfere with radio signals--depending on size, strength and frequency--but I don't think pc speakers cause an interference problem. And if they do, it's probably only when they are in the direct path of the signal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online