Wireless Bridge for Actiontec MI424WR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newtonet

i have a new FIOS connection with a Actiontec MI424WR router. I need to create a wireless bridge to the Actiontec router. I bought a Linksys WAP54g and found out that it will only connect to another WAP54g or a WRT54G in the repeater mode. What other product will help me make a wireless bridge to the Actiontec router?

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You may be able to use the DD-WRT 3rd party firmware to expand the capability of that WAP54g. The Linksys firmware may work with other brand hardware, but as you say, they don't push that capability.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online