Wireless Broadband connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markwalker

Hi there,

I'm new to this Networking Business and need help setting up my system, this is what i want:

I have a ACER Travelmate 4020 Laptop running on windows XP Home, I also have a:

Dell PC Desktop running on windows XP Pro

I have a Broadband connection supplied by Onetel 2Meg connection.

My phone point is in the hallway, my PC is in my bedroom and the laptop i wanna use around the house. I only want both computers to connect to the internet and share if necessary.

I have purchased a D-Link DSL-G604T to help with the above. The laptop seems to have worked fine, installed router and connected to the internet.

The PC is proving more difficult, the D-Link comes with a Dongle to link it to the router and i now have a wireless symbol appear when i boot my PC up but in cannot find any connection.

I think with my PC i may have disabled any network settings some time ago to make it run faster, but i can't remember how to turn them on again. This is the only reason i can think why it may not be finding the router....

Can anyone help or have any other suggestions???

I dont get it do you like to connect your destop wirelessly if so do you have a wireless nic on this destop if so what model ?

markwalker

Yes i want to connect the destop wireless to my broadband i have installed a:

D-Link DWL-G122 Wireless USB adapter

markwalker

Its OK, sorted it now, My wireless dongle was not the default wireless connection. Everything is up and running, only took me 6 hours to fix it Doh!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online