wireless card won't detect wireless networks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcpchelp

Hello there. a week ago i bought a msi laptop with windows 7 premuim OS. everything about it is very good except that the adapter card is driving me nuts.
The problem is that i wont detect networks at all. i went around to places where there were wireless and still nothing. so its nothing wrong with my home network. i spent countless hours looking it up and still couldn't get an answer. i tried connecting a linksys wireless-G USB network adapter to it. it always for some reason fail to install device. but when i go to device manager and uninstall the device and plug it back in, it works fine and i can find and connect to networks. problem is, i don't really want to have to carry the adapter around with me all the time when there is a built in inside the laptop. please help me.

the adapter card is a 802.11bgn 1T1R mini card wireless adapter.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Some laptops come with a wireless switch on the front of the case, it it turned on?

Model number of this MSI would help?

TerryNet

Terry
And some wireless switches are toggles above the keyboard and others are a key combination. I have no idea about MSIs.

pcpchelp

yes i always make sure the switch is on. my model MSI CR600-234US 16 Inch notebook.

anyways i gave this an other throughout look and look at the properties of the two devices which are the external adapter i have which works and the built in.

in the 802.11 bgn i noticed a lot of things are disable in the advanced tab such as adhoc support 802.11n,
IEEE802.11h, multimedia/gaming environment, and radio on/off. while radio on/off is enabled in the other the external one.
could these disabled factors be the reason that my built in card won't work?

TerryNet

Terry
If you are saying the radio property is "off" then that is probably your problem. There are various places where the integrated wireless can be switched off.

pcpchelp

it worked. i went to the properties in Device Manager and switched radio on and it worked. So that was my problem all these days i have been driving myself nuts looking around the good for an answer.

thanks for all your suggestions, you're all awsome.

TerryNet

Terry
You're pretty good yourself, finding that switch hiding there. :)

You can mark this Solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online