Wireless coaxial

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uprise42

i hope this is the right place. But we're remodeling my grandparents old house, and just made it to the spare room, which will be used regularly now. The problem with it is the coaxial cable is just hanging down from the middle of the ceiling. She had directv for a tv service and they installed it. I just had it switched to my name cause that's the best option for this location. I don't know what drove them to put it there but I'd rather try not to pull apart the entire room to fix it. The walls and ceiling were recently redone in this room before she passed so we were just hoping to re paint and rearrange the room. Right now the set up has it dangling down and hanging towards the tv. My idea was, if possible, to attach a wireless converter to the ceiling and the cable box and cut the chord. A google search and other forums haven't been much help so I was wondering, has anyone tried this? Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Just have them run a new cable to the location you want, there may even be a splitter that you can just disconnect the that and run a new cable from or pull the cable back from another spot that you can open up or where the cable enters the wall/ceiling. If it's hanging from the ceiling then you would need to provide power for any type wireless device anyways which would be unpractical as well.

cwwozniak

Chuck
If you can not find any way to replace or re-route the cable, you might consider concealing it inside of a plastic raceway that would run from the middle of the ceiling and down a wall to the TV. They come in limited colors and most can be painted to match the surface to which you are attaching them.

https://www.cableorganizer.com/surface-raceways/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online