Wireless concerns

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

willbill7

Hi my laptop got an error message that a fan was not working on a blue screen it then switch itself off after 15 seconds later the screen went black and would not power on.I sent it to Currys know-how team they returned it unrepaired calming something had been spilt on it. it was then working but would not connect to the internet when I connected my phone which is connected to the wifi the connection was back on. being a new laptop it does not have a connection port for an ethernet cable which I think would solve the issue is there a way to connect the router and laptop and fix the wireless problem. Windows 10
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20201224050644.000000+000
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics, 512 MB
Hard Drives: C: 117 GB (68 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0R32866WIN, s/n PF2EKV79
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 3, s/n PF2EKV79
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Your machine, the IdeaPad 3 15ADA05 Laptop - Type 81W1, is still in warranty until December. If you did not spill anything on the computer, then contact Lenovo to troubleshoot and fix both the fan error and wireless issue.

They have online chat as well:

1617068999760.png

as to the issue, do you see the Network icon on the bottom right? Is is the signal icon or a Globe/Computer with an X? If the latter, check Device Manager to see if the wireless adapter is showing up.

Couriant

James
Honestly, it sounds like they did.
True but it looks like that the Currys KnowHow team is basically insurance and not an actual repair.

The OP should have gone to Lenovo (if they haven't done so) first. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online