1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless configuration notification dll registry error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jhess56, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

running winxp

tried tweaking some startup stuff to cut down on what was running to help speed up my comp and deleted some unused programs,which i think must have had the dll file in it....

dunno what i did wrong as i thought i turned everything back to the way it was but im still getting this stupid error,again i am thinking the notification dll files were possibly in one of the old programs i deleted

"Notification dll
    has not been registered program will not work correctly"

immediate upon bootup and starting to access my desktop i get that error

network connections is empty

i cannot drag and drop now either

i cannot access any wireless connection to get online with that laptop and download any fixes or anything

tried a few other fixes i found elsewhere,none worked and gave me this message when i tried

ethernet adapter wireless network connection 2:
    media state........:media disconnected

ethernet adapter local area connection:
    media state........:media disconnected

and if its relevant and helps solve it, as soon as i hit enter, i can get around on y desktop minus the toolbar,yet immediately it pops up not one but two of the same folders system32

and in the services section,it will not let me start alot of the various services that seem like they need to be running to access my wireless stuff

any help is appreciated,thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply but stupid on my part it was off, no restore points

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

There are other methods to restore the registry to an earlier state.

5. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

thanks!

"
    Navigate to the d:\System Volume Information folder ( d: represents the crashed drive letter).
    You will see a folder named something like _restore{.........} the dots represent an alpha-numeric sequence."

i cannot seem to find that, can you advise a bit more how to do so please?i dont know the crashed drive.

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

When you connect the drive to the other PC, it will show up in Windows Explorer as a drive letter other than C:, it might be D: or E: or F: ect

Once you figure out which one it is look for a folder on that drive called SystemVolumeInformation

Did you un hide hidden folders?

7. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

sorry i misunderstood that

"
    Connect your non-bootable hard drive to another computer, as a secondary drive and boot into windows. If you can see your data on the drive, back it up Now, then follow the rest of these instructions."

dunno how to do that either im afraid do i need a special usb cable or something?

8. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

is there nothing i can delete then read in the registry?

this notification dll that seems to be my only issue

9. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

how bout the drag and drop problem
    if i could just drag and drop i have a potential solution to drag this dll file i found and register it in regsvr32.exe shortcut i created

10. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

11. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

bro i really appreciate your help truly
    but i cannot download anything on that computer as it wont connect to the internet,the main problem

is there a way i can download that program onto this computer that works and then transfer it on a cd or usb drive to the other computer?

thanks a lot really appreciate your help with this

i wouldnt be surprised if i had malware or virus

same day i tried installing avg but it would not install properly so i just deleted it

though this all happened right after i messed around with deleting programs and messing with the startup

12. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Yes you can download the installer and burn it to CD, or copy it to a flash drive, then copy it to the problem PC desktop, and then install it, since you cannot connect to the internet, you may not be able to update it, just run the scans.

13. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

well i used my backup storage hard drive to transfer stuff and it seems to work for that
    but when i tried transferring the active program i get this 'run time error 372' failed to load control blah blah your version may be outdated blah blah

i had the program installed already before all this and that was the error i was getting before i started posting on forums as that is the program i tried to open first. ive had it for a long time, but i got the above

error

i also tried using just the non installed setup file but got an error when trying to use that as well

is there another program u suggest or something i need to do to make this work?

i found and downloaded various notification.dll zip files from sites ad am trying to upload them but still getting the same darn error

14. jhess56

jhess56 Thread Starter

downloaded the relevant compaq drivers for my wireless stuff and tried installing them on the old comp but its giving me errors doing that too!
    cant do it because 'rpc' is not going in the startup services thing. and i get an error when trying to turn that on!

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice