1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kyriacoullis, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyriacoullis

kyriacoullis Thread Starter

hi
    i have a new toshiba laptop t-230
    the wireless connection, does connect if the signal with the router is excellent or very good. if we count it with the signal green lines, it connects only wen the strength is 4-5 lines.
    if is lower, even 3 (good signal) or 2 lines (fair signal) it wont connect. If i connect normally with excellent signal and move in another room with good signal, it still disconnects. my other 4 laptops and iphone in the house work fine.

1. i have uninstalled the drivers and put new ones.. same thing
    2. i have formated the laptop but still no luck.
    3. i have put a usb wireless card and it is working fine.

it seems that there is an issue with my atheros AR9285 card. can I ask from toshiba to replace the network card? is there anything else i havent tried?

thanks in advance

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I think you hit the drivers, and another NIC works, so I'd have them replace it, seems like we're running out of other possibilities.

3. kyriacoullis

kyriacoullis Thread Starter

thanks for the quick advice :)

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Let us know how you make out. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice