Wireless connection cuts out and does not return

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fearnly

Hi. I've been playing an online game on my laptop for the past 5 days. Yesterday I got disconnected whilst playing and when I tried to reconnect to the internet my laptop would not pick up any connections. Similarly, when restarting it says the wireless lan is disabled and does not pick up any connections. I can connect through a cable to my router to the internet though, so it isn't the modem problem. After leaving it over night the problem was mysteriously fixed but it has just happened again.

fearnly

I found a similar unsolved forum post that required the following info

My network adaptor is: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) NIC The device manager says it is working correctly and fully up to date. There are no other devices working incorrectly.

fearnly

Furthermore, I have looked on windows mobility centre and there is not even a wireless network option. It seems that my computer does not recognise it has wireless capabilities, even though the network adaptor is saying it is working properly and up to date.

TerryNet

Terry
The Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) NIC is your ethernet adapter

Check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if the wireless adapter somehow became disabled.

If the wireless does not appear in the BIOS, or is already enabled there but does not appear in Device Manager, either the adapter has died or become loose or else part of the motherboard has failed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online