Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireless Connection Gone Crazy

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

For some reason, my wireless connection made a different connection because last time I remembered, my wireless connection used to be called: Wireless Network Connection 2.
But now theres a 3 instead of a 2 and my connection keeps saying: "You have limited or no connection at all."

What did I do? I remembered a screen that popped up and I selected "Home" from the dropdown list because I thought it asked me where I was using the connection and then my whole connection went strange. Right now, I'm using this unsecured wireless connection which I know is a bad idea but I need someone's help.

#3 ·
Sounds like a re-installation of the wireless adapter. What's its brand and model?

Can you detect your network? If so, what happens when you try to connect?
The wireless connection I am using is Linksys Wireless.

When I see the Wireless Networks List, I see the unsecured wireless network I am using on the top of the list (low connection by the way :( ) and below it, I see the secured wireless network that I should be in but the problem is when I double click it and try to connect, it asks me for the Network Key... but what really shocks me is that it should be put in there already but it's gone. I am not sure what my Key is now... is that a problem or is there a way to retrieve it?

#5 ·
TerryNet said:
With some routers you can see the hex key or WPA passphrase and with others not. Just set a new one if you can't see the old.
How do I set a new one? Do I just put in a random alphanumerical password in the box?

When I do that, the network does connect to the network that I want to be in but it still says that the connection is limited or cannot be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.