1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless connection good, but no browser response? Help needed please.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dougsoulang, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougsoulang

dougsoulang Thread Starter

First off, thanks for reading this.

I set up a new wireless connection yesterday for a newly bought laptop. As of last night, everything was fine with both the laptop and the wireless connection. Last thing I did last night before turning in for the evening was a bunch of Windows updates. This afternoon, I booted up the laptop. I was unable to access the web via either IE or Firefox. I am in fact connected to my wireless transmitter with an excellent signal strength. I have made sure that both the McAfee and Windows firewalls were turned off to see if they were the cause of the issue. No dice. I still could not get a browser to connect to the web. My OS on the laptop is Vista Home Premium.

Any suggestions?

** Edit - I just attempted to update McAfee to see if it would connect. It did, as I got the notification that there were no updates available at this time. Seems to just be an issue with browsers. **

- Doug

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    With your kind of problem (internet access but unworking browsers) one thing that often fixes XP SP2 is a "stack repair" and that fixes previous Windows is a "Winsock fix." But I don't know the equivalent for Vista. :( You might try searching using those keywords.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice