Wireless connection not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CrystalKat

Ive been told i need a new wireless card but dont know how to go about this. Is it cheaper to get one from supermarket or should i go through help desk. Im using a Dell Inspiron 1525. How would i know if i was getting the correct one if i buy myself? :confused:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 225492 MB, Free - 153891 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5737 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U990C, , .3PXPP3J.CN7016684P0G0A.
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated and Enabled

TerryNet

Terry
If you're getting an integrated card it's best to get an exact replacement unless you know that your system supports another one.

Any USB wireless adapter will work provided it has a Vista driver.

Any PCMCIA card or ExpressCard (depending on what slot you have) will work provided it has a Vista driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online