1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless connection OK, DNS error all pages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mimi2z, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimi2z

mimi2z Thread Starter

Windows XP
    IE 6.0
    P4 2.6
    512mb

No problem day 1: integrated Dell mini pc card (8012.11 b/g) connected fine to a network at a home I'm visiting. No problems using the internet.
    Problem day 2, I used my PCMCIA Sierra wireless aircard to gain internet access on the road. Come back to friend's house and got IE DNS error or page cannot be displayed.
    Day 3, tearing my hair out trying to figure this out! I have a strong (11 mbps)established wireless network connection, but continue to get DNS errors. Am getting "request timed out 4 packets sent and lost" errors when trying to ping 192.168.0.1.

I have rebooted the computer. Rebooted the cable modem and Linksys wireless router. What the heck happened, and does anyone know how to fix it? Also, I can get a wired connection (friend's ISP is Roadrunner) but get the same DNS error. If I go back to my wireless mobile card I can get online and open pages, but it's so slow I would rather get the other way working.
    Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice