Wireless Connection **PLEASE HELP**Urgent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xclus!v3

Hey im am very new to this wireless stuff. I just have a question. I have a computer downstairs that is connected with internet Linksys LNE100TX fast ethernet adaptor V4. I was wondering if i could give my another computer upstairs a wireless connection using Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster? found here http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=572294&affixedcode=WW
Please Help me.:)

Your Linksys LAN card connects you to the WAN..internet.
The router stands between the lan card and the Wan. To use the Linksys card with the router you need a wire connection to the router.
Then you need a wireless LAN card for the remote computer to connect to the router.

yes it would.

plug your downstair's computer into the Linksys WRT54GS.

your upstairs computer needs a wireless connection
means, either already in the machine or you need
to get that, if desktop or laptop would determine
what you need.

Linksys WRT54GS would plug into whatever
broadband modem device you have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online