1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless connection Pre-Logon

Discussion in 'Networking' started by krazeecrw, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

Hi all-

I have a Dell Latitude D810 with an Intel Wireless 2200 BG adapter. I also use the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software version 10.5.2.0. I have several network drives that try to sync up at bootup or login time but cannont connect right away as it waits for the wireless to make its connection. I also have some group policies set up regarding network passwords changing every 45 days. The problem I have is when I run the laptop on wireless only, when it comes due to change the password, I get no indication when I am logging on as the wireless connection is not connected to the network as of yet.

I have been working with the administrator tool to try and setup the PreLogon connection so that the wireless will kick in berfore logging into the computer but I cannont seem to get it to work properly.

Is there a way for the system to make the wireless connection before the user logs in so that proper mappings and group policies can take place? Our network security is WPA2-Personal and encryption is AES-CCMP.

Any type of walkthrough would be great. I have gone out to the Intel site but I could not get it to work based on their instructions.

Thanks!!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Windows' Wireless Zero Configuraton (WZC) runs as a service so it certainly gets activated before an application such as the Intel Utility, and maybe starts before log in.

So, while you may encounter other problems, suggest that you try using WZC instead of Intel's utility to see if it meets your need.

EDIT: WZC in not in Windows previous to XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/601419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice