1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless connection problem after remote desktop session

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Danegerzone, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danegerzone

Danegerzone Thread Starter

I recently installed a remote desktop app on my iPhone and, though the app works perfectly, I have a problem when I disconnect - the wireless connection on my notebook stops working. I can't pull up my browser, my mail notifier, or even access the router. If I Disable/Enable the connection, it starts working again, but I'm not sure why it stops connecting in the first place. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I really like being able to use RDP, but if it's going to kick my system off the network when I'm done, I don't know if it's worth it.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 and Windows XP Media Center SP 3. I'm using Windows to manage my wireless connections, and the app I'm using is MochaSoft RDP Lite. Hopefully that's all the pertinent information.

2. Danegerzone

Danegerzone Thread Starter

Update:

Apparently this problem is also occurring when I switch user accounts on the laptop itself - regardless of any remote activity. I think this might be the underlying problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice