Wireless connection problem: Local Only

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grealish

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 running vista. I've been having problems connecting to wireless. It works fine when I connect at work everyday. But when I try to connect in a coffee shop or other public wireless spot I connect to the router fine but there is no internet access. It says Local Only.

Please help!!!!!

Dell has their own 'connection manager' that depending on the set up requires you to go in and allow each connection. One time thing (per connection) Its pretty easy to do, I've played with it once so I' m guessing there is a way to make it always connect or turn it off an let MS wireless manager control.

Also if its a 'work' pc it could be set up only to connect to specific networks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online