1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless connection problems (In and out)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jason90, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jason90

Jason90 Thread Starter

Extra info, It seems i have restored my computer to an earlier date, and reinstalled some updates that were due for my computer at the time. I'm not sure what is different with the wireless adapter or such. But i seem to be having better luck with DNS and such.

Any thoughts? And I took apart my computer, and did the adapter process. (Question: What/where is the Antenna leads, what may it look like.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Wasn't really advising to take the computer apart. :) Antenna leads are two (sometimes looks like one) wires that connect to the card (example).

3. Jason90

Jason90 Thread Starter

Lol well i am almost willing to do anything at this point. I just want to know what it is, Like i wanna pay someone if it gets fixed somehow.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Unusual problem with unusual symptoms and we kinda jumped around in the thread. So, maybe we are overlooking something.

But my opinion is that there is some damage--maybe a little moisture and/or a little warping. Maybe it will get worse over time, maybe better, maybe stay about the same.

A good shop may be able to fix whatever it is.

If it were my PC I would use a USB wireless adapter most of the time and check the integrated every few days to see if the symptoms are changing for better or worse.

5. Jason90

Jason90 Thread Starter

How much do a USB wireless adapter be?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A little ($8) to a lot ($97). That's using Newegg as a reference. Looking at their selection I'd say $17 to $30 can fetch a decent one.

7. Jason90

Jason90 Thread Starter

Ok do I removed my wireless adapter, and replaced it, and it seems so far doing much better , (perfect). Ill continue to monitor it, what would be the conclusion if that worked?

It just lost connection again, i shut my comp off, removed my battery, and removed and replaced my wireless adapter again. I have connection when i first turn on. ill see if it last.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Probably that it was a little loose or one or more of the contacts was corroded.

9. Jason90

Jason90 Thread Starter

Ok, So i think I've narrowed it down to being a hardware faulty. The ethernet plugin. How do i find out if its connected to the motherboard , or to the network adapter? easy fix?

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I see now for the first time that you edited post # 22 at the same time that I was posting. It's dangerous (people will miss it) to edit your post without also making a new post unless the edit is merely to fix a typo or something else simple.

So, what's been happening since Jan. 27? Why are you mentioning "The ethernet plugin"? Another problem--with an ethernet connection? I don't see anything about ethernet in your ipconfig, so either it was disabled or was MIA.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice