Wireless Connection Randomly Cutting Off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gamerhomie

Hey everyone, I recently got a wireless Airlink router and a usb card to go along with it so the two computers in the house can access the internet at the same time. Almost everyday at no specific time I just get cut off from my connection, and if I try to repair it, it says something about my IP address.

I'm pretty sure I have set it up wrong, but this was such a pain to setup since the disks that came with the card and router didn't work, so if you guys could tell me how to find info about my router and my connection, i'll be glad to post it. Also when my connection cuts off, so does the other computers, and then I have to restart the router and modem to get back on.

Look at your signal strength on your NIC and you may want to try another channel.

Gamerhomie

Sorry, don't know what some of these terms mean. But I just check the signal strength, and it's about 60%. The modem is just in another room though. I just switched from Network Type: Infrastructure, to Ad-Hoc and tried all the channels. They're all exactly the same, except some bring down my speed down from 54 Mbps to 11 Mbps.

Still happens though. Everytime I get kicked off I just have to restart my modem and router, buts it's getting annyoing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts