1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Connection Suddenly Slow (urgent)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KyleB5, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleB5

KyleB5 Thread Starter

Please help asap!

The title says it all. This is to two computers and an xbox. Last night I was in the middle of a game online when the internet suddenly went out. After restarting the router it came back on but the internet speed is HORRIBLE. When I plug a laptop directly into the router it gets around 30MB/s on a speed test, without it the same laptop gets about 2MB/s (same as wireless desktop). Xbox is unplayable online. I uplugged the modem and router. I even reset the modem and router to its default settings with no help. Same slow internet. Did my router take a dump? Do I need a new one? My router is a Linksys WRT110 the firmware is 1.0.02.

edited- i meant directly into the router

2. KyleB5

KyleB5 Thread Starter

Im sure you guys hate when people say urgent, but im in the middle of trying to fix this and its frustrating haha. Just gotta know if I need to go buy a new router right now.

3. KyleB5

KyleB5 Thread Starter

wow, thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice