1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Connection to another SpeedStream 6520

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tinkerbell90, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinkerbell90

tinkerbell90 Thread Starter

Hello - I have been trying to figure this out, just getting stumped. I have a SpeedStream 6520 and have DSL, and am wireless through my home to 3 laptops and a wireless printer. No problem there. My daughter is across the street from me, she currently does not have DSL, but still has the modem/router. She also has a SpeedStream 6520. She is able to connect to it locally only of course. Actually, I could connect to it also from my house. What I would like to do is set up my wireless to connect to her SpeedStream as an access point, so that she can get to the Internet also. I have security setup on my computers, so no problem there. So any suggestions on how to do this?

I don't want her to necessarily connect to my laptops/computers, just be able to connect to the internet.

So here is the idea:

Daughters Laptop (wireless) connects to her Speedstream, which in turn connects to my SpeedStream.

Thanks in advance!:p

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's not going to work, since that router doesn't have AP capability. You need a real wireless bridge to connect, probably with a directional antenna.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/639844