1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Connectivity Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ferhanz, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferhanz

ferhanz Thread Starter

Hello All,

I am having strange problem, i have a Airlive 5400 AP, i have 7 Desktops and 3 Laptops all in the same location, all the Desktops have wireless netwok cards and there is no connectivity issue with them, but out of three two laptops are unable to connect and when i click the View Available Wireless Networks option it shows nothing however the Wireless Card is enabled and worked fine for 3 consecutive days and then this problem occured, in the night it worked again and then again problem, what i do not understand is that i never messed up with settings then why it shows the Wireless network for a day and then the other day or the same day everything vanishes, please help me out

"There is no problem with the signal as its a small room and from the same location thery get excellent signals, i still took laptop close to the AP"
    Farhan

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it may be worth downloading the latest drivers
    are they the same laptop make model

do you have secruity on - if so try witout

do you have a cordless phone

it may be other networks are now in the area interferring

a good program to check
    Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

try and ping the router default gateway IP

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try a system restore to just before the problem started.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice