1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Shawgrim, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawgrim

Shawgrim Thread Starter

Hi. I am having frequent disconnects from my Belkin G plus MIMO router. they occur at random times, sometimes more frequent then others. When plugged directly in, there are no problems, however when plugged into the router or wirelessly connected, disconnects range from every few seconds to every 5-8 minutes. There seems to be no pattern to disconnects. Our previous routers, a D-link and a linksys also had the same problems. I have tested this with multiple computers, a Gateway, a Sony, a Dell, and an Alienware, all with similar results.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Have you thoroughly investigated the possibility of wireless interference? Used NetStumbler or something similar as a tool?

Do you live close enough to another living unit that there may be a 2.4Ghz cordless phone that you don't know about?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/719720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice