1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wireless driver on xp

Discussion in 'Networking' started by traveljane, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. traveljane

traveljane Thread Starter

Hi guys..I have installed 2 of these on xp already but this 3rd computer just won't recognize the driver. What's the deal? It is D link DWL 520 A revision. I even went to the website and downloaded the updated driver. There is still a yellow questionmark next to Dlink adapter in the hardware devices. I also ordered a bios update for this computer and that won't work. The computer is not that old..what can I do?

2. 10forcash

10forcash

Try swapping cards over with a known good pc, it maybe a hardware fault
    Cheers,
    10forcash

3. mtown_onsite

mtown_onsite

Try right-clicking on the questionmark icon for your dlink in device manager. Select update driver. Select, install from specific location. Pick don't search, I'll choose driver. Click button for have disk. Point that at the install CD (or the driecory it installed files to). You may need to select the correct subdirectory.

Also, when you double click on the questionmark icon in dev mgr.... What does it say for status?

4. traveljane

traveljane Thread Starter

I already did this half a dozen times.
    The status box says the driver has not been loaded code 28

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice