1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless drops with Asus laptops

Discussion in 'Networking' started by abtarus18, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abtarus18

abtarus18 Thread Starter

So I have an Asus laptop and every time I restart the computer, when the computer boots up, the wi-fi drops. This isn't just my laptop. My roommate just got an Asus as well, different series a lil cheaper but a lil newer. My laptops only about a year or so old, but his does the same as well. When we boot up the wireless drops and seems to restart because if we wait long enough about 2 mins or so the wireless will come back up. BUT when someone comes over with any other computer like a mac or something it doesn't do it. They just can connect no problem. I'm not sure if its Asus or the wireless router we are using which is a Linksys N. Also it will just randomly drop, not as often but still annoying. If you could help that would be awesome. Thanks

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Welcome to TSG:
    Some things you could try.
    Go to the Asus site,download any current adapter drivers.
    Download current firmware for your router.
    Disable encryption on your router.See if that helps.
    Make sure that you only have 1 wireless manager active.Windows default or the adapter manager but not both.
    What is the description of your wireless card from device manager ?
    For the random drops,try changing the wireless channel.1/6/11 in US
    Another thing to try.
    Boot up in safe mode with networking.Any change ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice