1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless DSL downloading

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bjinpg, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjinpg

bjinpg Thread Starter

I had a Westell wireless modem, (Verizon DSL). due to a plug problem I returned that modem and was sent a Westell 7500.
    I did not have a problem with downloading before the exchange. At this time any page with pictures or videos take a VERY long time to load. I have called Verizon 8-9 times over this problem and of course no help. They blame it on the computer or to many people online just about everything! As I have told them over and over, it was fine before and now it is not. I have Windows 7, Windows XP and iPad and they all do the exactly the same. Any page with just text loads very quickly but add a smilely face and that's it, turtle attack! Does anyone have any idea (that I could understand) what's up?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Using something like Speedtest.net what do you get with an ethernet connection? With a wireless connection?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

3. bjinpg

bjinpg Thread Starter

I have tried to do the speediest but only once has it downloaded and I had verizon on the phone. The line test they did at that time was good. I can get on line fine (75%) of the time fine. It is just when any page has a picture etc.

4. bjinpg

bjinpg Thread Starter

Also when I get on the windows 7 I will download the Xirrus. But I am not sure what to to with it then!

5. bjinpg

bjinpg Thread Starter

i just did the speed test and the results weredownload 1.05mb/s upload 0.73mb/s ping 25ms

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice