Wireless extender into switch

Crgrover

Hey in my den, I have a wireless extender that has an Ethernet output, but I would like to now plug into 2 things (smartTv and a chrome cast). While they both can use wireless connection I thought the wired Connection from the extender would be a little better (faulty assumption maybe?) so I got a desktop switch and it’s not working. Is there a reason this will not work? I have Verizon internet if it matters.

Thanks for any help

TerryNet

Terry
wireless extender that has an Ethernet output
You're sure of this? A simple wireless extender would have an ethernet port only for configuring it. Does it also have a wireless client mode? Or combination extender and client mode? Have you tested with a device to make sure that it does indeed have ethernet output?

What is the brand and model of the desktop switch?

If you want to connect multiple devices to one ethernet connection you need an ethernet switch, not a desktop switch.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is the make/model of the wireless extender?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts