Wireless File Sharing (GOD HELP ME!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EliFlesh

I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-BG Router with a cable modem connected to it. I have two to four pc's connected to it at any given time, two of which are laptops. All computers have the ability to access the internet at any given time with any connection with no setting changes. However, I can only use file and print sharing when the computers are on a wired connection. Whenever I am on a wireless connection I have no access to files or printers. I cannot browse the work group nor can I manually enter the IP or Computer Name to access the resources. It says it isn't found.

The two desktops and one laptop have WindowsXP Home and the other laptop has WindowsXP Pro.

I have enable the computer to remotely login to the XP pro computer for advanced file sharing... All computers are on the same workgroup... all have internet access... all have file sharing ability while wired... NetBIOS is enabled through TCP/IP on all... What do I do?

Another frustrating aspect of this problem is that I found an article stating the exact same problem I have but I can't access the answer because they want you to pay.

PLEASE HELP ME

EliFlesh

Normally, I deplore double posting but I really need an answer so I am double posting in order to raise the status of this forum in the List...

PLEASE HELP

TerryNet

Terry
Sorry, but I haven't yet noticed any post from GOD on this forum.

Maybe one of us can help instead if you give us some more information. Sounds like you might have some kind of mixed up IP scheme, or some barrier between the wired and wireless sides. For one of the computers how about giving us an ipconfig /all for the wired situation and another for the wireless.

When you have two computers connected wirelessly, even those two cannot share?

Have you run ipconfig /all on these computers while wired and wireless? Try it. Note what's different between the two configurations. Are you set up to use DHCP, and if so, are you getting good addresses in each configuration? Since you can run them wired or wireless, I'm assuming you have two NICs in each machine. Perhaps renewing your IP address leases might work? Just speculating here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online