1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Interenet Driver for Compaq Presario C500

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Blainesmommy, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blainesmommy

Blainesmommy Thread Starter

I have just installed Linux Mint 8 on my compaq presario C500 laptop, everything seems to working just fine other than the wireless connections...The button you push wont light up at all, so I am assuming I need the driver,I have been searching for it for hours and I am having no luck, I have found the drivers in 100 different places for Windows but can't find one anywhere for Linux. Does anyone know where I could find it? I would greatly appreciate any help...
    Thanks in advance,
    Kimberly

2. Wino

Wino

3. harri888

harri888

Same prob, different computer. I took a Satellite m35x and installed os x 10.4.8 on it. I used JAS intel/amd iso and worked pretty easily. I've also tried Leo4all 10.5.2 and Waylan and i couldnt even boot to the cd.

Anyway i've got tiger running except for audio and wifi. I have searched around forever and I think my laptop uses intel 2200b/g wireless driver. I have downloaded and installed the 10.4 799 driver from here and rebooted but still no wifi. Any suggestions?

4. SACViper

SACViper

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898346