1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless internet and Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Aries_72, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aries_72

Aries_72 Thread Starter

I hope someone can help me. I recently purchased a U.S. Robotics Wireless USB Adapter. The software CD told me I needed Windows XP Security Pack 1. I tried to download the SP1 but the download failed and I got "Error Code: 80070643" (w/out the quotes.) When I later tried the download again, the program wouldn't install. When I tried to download SP2, I got "Error Code: 8007F0CB". For some reason, SP3 downloads and installs.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

2. Bman

Bman

What are you downloading?? There is NO sp3 for WindowsXP!! It would help if you posted the complete error message, someone may be able to help identify the problem. Also... right-click on 'MyComputer' and on the 'General' tab it will list which version of XP you are using.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice