1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lostchild, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostchild

lostchild Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. lostchild

lostchild Thread Starter

Any ideas? Thanks

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Exactly how are the two routers connected, and what is the exact make/model of each router. I'd like to know what port on each router is connected to what in the network. What is the purpose of two routers, since you can do the network with the single router?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice