Wireless Internet in Dell 9200 Works Very Rarely

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joshjpang

Hey Guys, I've got a problem with my wireless or computer I think.

Hardware: Inte PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter

1. A VERY rare occasion: When I enable my wireless card in Network Connections, it will allow me to connect to my wireless network, and the internet would work fine.

2. 99% of the time: I enable my wireless card, and connect to my home wireless network (which is always 3-5 green bars of connection quality), the network will appear to connect OK, but then my internet will not work.

3. 80% of the time: The wireless network I conntect to (which is supposed to be called "NETGEAR") turns into a really weird network name like "uclm-qc" but it's in weird symbols. This happens with any network I connect to, whether it's my home network, at Starbucks, or at someone else's home.

Here are some screenshots:

I tried reinstalling drivers... nothing.
I tried reinstalling Windows... nothing.
I swept my computer for any adware and virus... nothing.
I have never changed my Internet Protocols since it worked once.

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!! :)

TerryNet

Terry
Do you really need and want that many automatic connection profiles?

Suggest that you rename your network to something slightly more original than "NETGEAR," remove all other profiles except the ones with encryption, make sure your home network is the first listed, and see what happens.

TerryNet

Terry
Access your router via your browser, login, find the wireless section, change the SSID, click 'Apply' or whatever it takes to convince the router you really mean it. Of course, do this with an ethernet connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online