Wireless Internet keeps disconnecting and causes the computer to freeze!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kittypaw876

The internet keeps disconnecting on MY computer only. Everyone else in the house has excellent connection and mine just comes and goes. It mostly disconnects when i am watching videos.

Also, every time the internet disconnects, my computer freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+del and restart it. Everytime i restart it, the internet works again until i watch another video and start all over.

What's going on here? I cannot be restarting my computer 10 times a day!

Also, when the internet goes and i terminate firefox/ie with task manager, the internet reconnects but the computer moves reeeeeally slowly. If i try to relaunch the browser, it automatically disconnects until i am forced to reboot.

HELP!!
(Windows XP)

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Do you have the same problem with an ethernet connection?

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online