1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless internet little slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arch-Zealot, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch-Zealot

Arch-Zealot Thread Starter

Well I've had this wireless network set up with a max of 11mbps. Everytime I play a game, it will lag every few minutes. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is it just because my connection is slower with the wireless network?

2. active95

active95

If you don' t have this problem ( lag ) while downloading a huge file ( for instance the ISO for latest mandrake) then i believe it's the game sever ( possible to be overloaded, dropping connections etc.. so try a different servers with the lowest ping time).
    On the other hand if you have the lag problem when downloading huge files the might want to :
    a. see if there is a firmware update for the Access point.
    b. re position the wireless ( higher up and toward the middle of the room)
    c. switch to a different channel ( try 6, 11 etc.. )
    d. if you have a 2.4 Ghz and a microwave owen, might want to disconnect them to see if that causes the problem
    HTH

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Wireless is not the ideally networking solution for high bandwidth. The above tips would be a good place to start. However 11MBps is the theoretical maximum and its usually much slower then this especially with overhead functions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!