1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless internet not working correctly

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kmccormick, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmccormick

kmccormick Thread Starter

Hi, I'm looking for help, I've tried everything I know to do.
    We have two laptop computers and our Tivo hooked up to use the wireless internet through our cable company with a Belkin router. Over Christmas we got a camera that emails directly from it, and it told us to press the WSP button on the Belkin router. The camera magically worked, however our computers did not work anymore! After an hour long phone call to Belkin, I got one of my computers to work normally again. However the 2nd laptop won't connect to the internet and our tivo isn't picking it up either, which mean our shows are not recording.

Please help, any advice? Also, I'm using two apple computers. When I attempt to hook up the airport network, it says "unable to join the network."

Thanks in advance for the help! We've got to get back wireless soon!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would suggest you log into the router and disable the wireless security WPS
    http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75/~/disabling-wps-on-the-router
    and then set up manually

and then set the security to None / disable and then make sure everything connects to the open wireless network - you may need to remove any stored wireless profiles - i dont know the mac well enough to advise

Then once all working you can go back into the router and add wireless security - then reconnect the device and enter the security code to connect

3. kmccormick

kmccormick Thread Starter

Thanks, we will try that tonight!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice