1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Internet Not Working...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ImBakinBacon, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ImBakinBacon

ImBakinBacon Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm running Windows Vista Basic on a Dell Inspirion 1501.

My problem is that while my Local Area Connection does work, my wireless doesn't. I've tried updating the drivers and it was working fine until one day it wouldn't work. And, when I try to enable the Network thing in Manage Network Connections, it says enabled in the window that pops up, but then in the icon it says disabled. :mad:

2. Sponsor

3. ImBakinBacon

ImBakinBacon Thread Starter

There isn't a problem with the router.
    I'm pretty sure its the computer because my desktop works wirelessly.

4. baldybob

baldybob

do u have a good wireless card and if so are u picking up a connection of any kind form the router
    also u might try disabling the wired connection

unfourtly i cannot offer much software avice because im running xp and dont know a lot bout vista

best of luck let me know how it goes

5. colonel_frogger

colonel_frogger

Same problem here : brand new Dell desktop with built in wireless card. Vista detects my mac-adress-protected network but doesnt find the wireless internet !! It works automatically and really fine with my local area network card with a ethernet cable. I tried everything HELP PLZ! HELP ME ELIMINATE VISTA ON MY COMPUTER !

THe thing is that i tried installing Xp but when i boot from the cd, my bios doent recognize my usb keyboard. I dont have a ps2 port nor bios option to turn legacy usb keyboard ON.
    What can I do to bring back XP ? WIll my computer support xp ? (Brand new Dell Inspiron 531 AMD ATHLON X2 5000 + 2.6ghz 2.0 gb geforce 8600+ GT )

THx

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Did you tell the router the MAC address of the new computer?

7. colonel_frogger

colonel_frogger

Of course I added the MAC address. The router detects my computer and shows my computer name but in the network screen it says for my wireless connection : local only. When I connect my ethernet cable it says : local and internet ! WHY !!!!!!??????!!

Thx

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Two completely different problems from two people in one thread is going to lead to maximum confusion! :(

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

colonel, you have your own thread, so reply back to it please.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/605772