Wireless internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pleasantlake

I have a laptop with windows xp home on it and a wireless internet card installed. I had to do a clean install. Now I need to setup the wireless internet connection and need help with doing this step by step. Please help asap

Welcome to TSG...

We'll need more information--make and model of the computer, Windows Service Pack, type of wireless card and access point (router or wireless gateway)...

DoubleHelix

Banned
How is the wireless network configured?
Did you use encryption?
Is the SSID being broadcast?
Are the drivers for the wireless card installed?
Does the laptop see your wireless router when you scan for available wireless networks?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts