1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LetsGoBlues, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsGoBlues

LetsGoBlues Thread Starter

I am attempting to connect to an unsecured wireless network. I have Windows XP.

Please note that I have been using this connection for about 4 months and have not experienced any problems until now. I did not recently do anything different than what I normally do that might have caused a change. (At least that I know of). I have performed a system restore to a few weeks ago when I was not having this problem and it did not help.

My 'Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility' shows the Linksys network that I want to connect to but I never use this utility connect because it has not worked for me in the past. I uncheck the 'Let this tool manage your wireless networks' box and instead use the Windows utility. (On the Wireless Networks tab I check the box marked 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings')

My problem is the Linksys network does not show up when the Windows utility searches for networks in range. I have only been able to connect to wireless connections in the past using the Windows utility so I now have no ability to connect.

Do you know why I cannot connect using the 'Dell Wireless WLAN card utility'?

Sometimes the dell utility it will tell me that I am connected but I cannot get a webpage to load and other times it will tell me the connection has limited or no connectivity.

When attempting to repair the the connection I get a message saying it cannot be repaired because windows cannot diable the wireless network adapter and I should make sure it is properly installed.

I have tried researching this to no avail.

I have updated drivers. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I am STUMPED!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

Is this your network you are trying to connect to?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice