1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wireless Keyboard and Dual boot windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clarkpd, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkpd

clarkpd Thread Starter

I have just installed a wireless keyboard and mouse from A4Tech, replacing my cord variety keyboard and mouse.

However, now I cannot dual boot between W2K and W98 or for that matter select any of the modes available when booting into W2K eg safe mode

My partition manager is Partion Magic ver 7.

I have contacted A4Tech and done as they suggested, and that was not much help. They advised to download a new device driver and install (which I have done). If that doesn't work then reinstall OS. I am not going to go that far.

I am at the stage of taking the keyboard and mouse back to where I purchased tham and ask for a refund.

However before I do, can you offer any help or is this a problem with all wireless keyboards ie it is too early in the bootup process for the OS to recognise a keyboard attached to the USB port.

Cheers

Paul

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It could depend on your BIOS support as to your motherboard being capable of supporting USB without drivers loaded?

Do you have a BIOS option for legacy USB support, and is it enabled?

3. clarkpd

clarkpd Thread Starter

All is go.

I changed the BIOS setting and it worked a treat.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cheers

clarkpd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice